Women’s Honister Jacket
Women’s Honister Jacket
£379.99Size GuideFind in Store
The Honister Pass, situated in the UK Lake District, is one of those roads that needs to be ridden to be appreciated. Connecting Buttermere Valley with Borrowdale Valley, it twists and winds its way to a height of over 1150 feet and is rightly regarded as a piece of motorcycling Nirvana.
Being the mountain pass that is closest to Knox HQ, it was inspirational to the creation of the Class AAA rated women’s Honister jacket.
First invented by the brand in the 1990s, Knox armoured shirts and jackets are at the very heart of the Knox collection and the Honister Jacket is the new pinnacle. Wearing a close-fitting armoured shirt is the best way to protect a rider, since the armour is comfortably held in the right place when you need it.
Making the women’s Honister jacket was a tough development journey. It required entirely new strong mesh fabrics, since the goal was to develop the highest Class AAA breathable armoured garment that could be used for warm weather riding, aimed at female riders who require the best performance. CE Certified to EN 17092 -2:2020 Class AAA
Achieving CE approval to Class AAA is no small achievement. AAA is the highest class for a motorcycle protective garment and is usually only attained by one- and two-piece leather suits.
The protection fitted is Micro-Lock low profile armour from Knox.
Micro-Lock armour uses SMART technology to keep the armour super soft to touch but it locks when impacted and delivers fantastic protection to the wearer. The locking action increases the amount of impact absorbed by the protector and reduces the energy passed through to the wearers back and/or limbs. This Micro-Lock armour used in the Knox Honister Jacket is approved to EN 1621-1:2012 L2 in the shoulders and elbows and the Level 2 back is Certified under EN 1621-2:2014 L2. It can be complimented with an optional chest protector.
The Honister Jacket has been designed from the ground up. This includes everything, from stylish tailoring and feminine cut to the way the fabrics perform. Construction has been carefully developed to be as comfortable in the harshest of environments as it would be on a gentle spin in the country. Extra attention to detail completes the style and the AAA qualifying technical CE standard is highlighted on the jacket.
Developing new mesh fabrics which deliver the ultimate strength and resilience needed has been achieved without losing any breathability. Blending this with the hardest wearing stretch polyamide, riders can be confident in the protective qualities of the Honister Jacket in all environments.
All the zips in the Honister jackets are by YKK. There are two zipped side pockets and one zipped large back pocket. Detailing continues with discreet Knox branding on the front hem as well as on the back. The new branded badge on the sleeve comes with a reflective surround, complimented by strips which are only visible at night on the back. Thumb loops are found on the cuffs for added security, while an improved security belt loop system is fitted on the inside so that riders can secure their trousers to the jacket. Even the collar has a soft interior for comfort around the neck.
The Honister is available in no fewer than 7 sizes from 8 – 20 (XS – 3XL). It’s also part of the Knox Seasonless Collection. With this collection there is no spring, summer, autumn, or winter wear. Instead, riders have one hardworking layered ensemble. This outfit has the armoured shirt at its core. It can then be adapted to suit all weather conditions by either adding or removing layers. The Knox Seasonless Collection is adaptable, sustainable, and protective.
Details & Fit
Details & Fit
- CE approved Class AAA garment under the CE standard EN 17092 -2:2020 Class AAA. The all-important technical CE classification is highlighted on the jacket.
- Made in the UK and using new mesh fabrics developed for ultimate strength and resilience but with no loss of breathability. The mesh is combined with the most durable, stretch CORDURA® polyamide with high performance water and stain repellency for the toughest environments
- A soft waist band is half elasticated to a give a very flattering fit and shape and holds the protector comfortably against the back
- Includes Knox Micro-Lock high-performance armour in the shoulders, elbows and a Micro-Lock back protector is also included. It uses SMART technology and properties to keep the armour super soft to touch but it locks when impacted. The locking action increases the amount of impact absorbed by the protector and reduces the energy passed through to the back and/or limbs.
- CE approved Shoulder and elbows – EN 1621-1:2012 L2
- CE approved Back protector – EN 1621-2:2014 L2
- A separate removable MICRO-LOCK chest protector can be added as an optional extra.
- YKK zips throughout. 2 Zipped side pockets, 1 zipped large back pocket
- Discreet Knox branding on the front hem and back
- New branded badge on the sleeve with a reflective surround, effective in poor visibility.
- Reflective strips only visible at night are also added on the back.
- Thumb loops for added security
- Improved security belt loop system is highlighted on the inside to ensure riders can secure their trousers to the jacket.
- Collar has a soft interior for comfort around the neck.
- Machine washable garment – remove armour before washing. Always read the wash care labels
- Colour Black
- Sizes XS – 3XL (UK sizes 8-20)
- Part of the Knox Seasonless Collection. Add or subtract layers for added warmth and waterproofness
Need help? Use Live chat or email us at: email@example.com
Chest: Measure around the fullest part of your bust and your shoulder blades.
Waist: Measure around the natural waistline. This will usually be the smallest part.
Hip: Measure around the fullest part of your hips. As a guide, this is often 20cm below your waist.
Please note: The measurements given are body measures and we recommend you do not measure over clothing. Also please hold the tape measure firmly and not loosely as the measurement needs to be fitted. Armoured shirts are designed to be fitted garments. If you measure in between sizes we recommend you select a size up. E.g if you measure 85cm bust, go to 87cm.
|Women's UK Sizes||International Size||Bust (inches)||Bust (cm)||Waist (inches)||Waist (cm)||Hip (inches)||Hip (cm)|
THE SEASONLESS COLLECTION
Core Knox pieces, used for every ride and every season. Start with core protection and add layers to adapt and overcome all conditions, from unbearable heat through to driving rain.
Knox armoured shirts are at the heart of Knox protective apparel. They were first invented by the brand in the 1990’s. They’ve been a signature style ever since.
Need help selecting products that go well together? Use Live chat or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org