We specialise in the design and manufacture of innovative impact protective equipment, performance layering systems,Hand Armour and most recently our Studio Collection Outerwear. Our products are built for motorcycling, motocross, mountain biking, snowboarding, skiing and equestrian.
The company started in 1981, when we launched the 1st commercially available back protector under the Pro-Tek brand.This was followed by the award winning Pro-Tek Elite suit in 1988 which was the 1st motorcycle jacket to feature built-in protectors in the elbows, shoulders and back. We’d really started something because in just a few short years everyone had copied the idea and almost every jacket on the market had integral protectors.
Knox continued to innovate and launched the worlds 1st CE-approved body armour along with the ‘Knox’ brand in 1995.
Many awards and numerous press accolades have followed over the years, including:
- 2000: MCN Product of the year (Knox Stowaway roll-up back protector).
- 2002: MCN Award for Knox Advance upgrade armour.
- 2010: Knox Hand Armour established as the most innovative motorcycle glove in the world winning accolades from press around the world.
- 2011: RiDE innovation award (Knox Handroid gloves).
- 2012: MCN Product of the year (Knox Venture Shirt).
- 2013: RiDE Kit Awards (Cold Killers Windwear clothing)
The company moved to the Cumbrian Lake District 1n 1993,which provides the best real life testing ground for our products. Employing around 28 staff in its British Factory Knox has its own “In House” impact test equipment and R & D facility which allows faster development of new technology and ideas. It also ensures the highest CE quality standards are maintained.
Knox is the brand of choice for many highly respected motorcycle clothing brands in the world that choose Knox Original Equipment for their garments.
Brands like, Triumph Motorcycles- Victory Motorcycles, ReVit – Ixon – Bering – RS Taichi – Spyke – Teknic – Racer – Draggin Jeans – Stadler – Held and many more.