Web Designer and Developer
Knox are looking for a dynamic and experienced individual to join the company as a Web Designer and Developer. Ideally the role will be based at Head Office in the Lake District, Cumbria or we may consider the right candidate working at the Knox Studio in East London. A flexible working pattern of office based and remote working will also be considered.
Knox is an established sportswear company that design and produce innovative and modern clothing, protection, gloves and other accessories for the motorcycle market.
This role will suit a hands-on multi-disciplined designer, who has fantastic web design and UX skills, who is very experienced at building and managing brand websites and feels confident in making decisions.
Job Title: Web Designer and Developer
Field: Digital Marketing
Location: Head Office Cockermouth, Cumbria or Knox Studio East-London, United Kingdom.
Part-time role: 20 hrs per week.
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 pro-rata.
Salary is dependant on experience
The role will involve but is not exclusive to:
- Being responsible for the design, layout, and coding of all company websites, including a B2B site.
- Managing the technical and graphic aspects of all brand websites; how the sites work and how they look.
- Being responsible for the day to day managing, maintenance and updating of existing sites.
- Responsible for a large part of the company’s’ graphic design, including marketing campaigns, brochures and POS.
Web Developer responsibilities include:
- Executing all visual design stages from concept ideas to implementation whilst bringing simplicity and user-friendliness to what can be complex roadblocks.
- Communicating design ideas using site maps, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Improving the design of the company websites via best practices and creative solutions.
- Designing and building pages and websites in line with brand guidelines.
- Working with WordPress CMS and WooCommerce Plugin to maintain strong brand identity and improve sales.
- Assist in integration with 3rd party systems and vendors to improve companywide automation and streamline processes.
- UX design, using A/B testing and reporting for continuous improvement of services.
- Create and iterate content for services that makes complex language and processes easy to understand.
- Using data and user feedback to define and refine content.
- Design, create and launch campaigns for products and services, including E-Newsletters, Blogs and Landing pages.
Skills and Experience required:
- 5+ years’ experience in a web design/web development role.
- Proven experience as a Web Designer with strong UI design skills for a range of devices.
- Create code that works consistently across different browsers and platforms.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, sitemaps, and functional prototypes.
- Up to date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies.
- Good understanding of Content Management Systems.
- Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies.
- Strong grasp of SEO principles.
- Maintaining hosting platform for optimal site performance.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates conceptual thinking, strong visual design and type skills and experience working across a variety of digital and print projects.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and InDesign.
- A Knowledge of Sage or similar would be advantageous for company integration of systems .
- Must take a proactive role in mastering any new skills required to complete the job.
- The candidate must be organised, self-motivated, have good attention to detail, a flexible attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Excellent literacy and strong communication skills.