Experienced Garment Technologist & Pattern Cutter
Knox are looking for a dynamic and experienced individual to join the company and be based in their London studio.
Knox is an established sportswear company that design and produce innovative and modern clothing, protection, gloves and other accessories for the motorcycle market.
Knox is based between their head office in the Lake District and their East-London design studio. This role is based in London.
This role will suit somebody who has varied experience in pattern cutting, garment technology and product development.
Job Title: Experienced Garment Technologist and Pattern Cutter
Location: East-London, United Kingdom.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
Salary is dependant on experience
The role will involve but is not exclusive to:
- Experienced pattern cutter in menswear, womenswear and ideally sportwear with sound pattern, grading and construction knowledge. You must also be proficient in using CAD pattern cutting systems, ideally Optitex however experience in any pattern cutting software can be transferrable.
- Responsible for creating all patterns. This is from creating the initial sample patterns/drafts, amending post initial toiling, ensuring patterns are correct and clear to go to suppliers for sampling, making any amends after commenting and ensuring everything is sent back to the supplier. Finally, making correct production patterns which are correctly labelled with all information.
- Responsible for creating all measure and grading charts. You will need to work closely with the design team to ensure the initial fit matches the design intention.
- Working with the design team to create tech packs for all new styles. This includes both men’s and womenswear plus various accessories so multi-product experience is vital.
- Responsible for all Garment Tech duties, including measuring and inspecting samples for fit and quality, ensuring samples are tagged with up-to-date information, alongside preparing all samples for fit meetings with the design team followed by writing up all fit comments and communicating these with the supplier. All must be organized and logged with photos.
- Manage supplier communication ensuring all sample, SMS and production deadlines are met and any issues are resolved previous to this. This includes maintaining the critical path.
- Creating all final product specification packs ready for production, ensuring all changes are updated. This also includes working with the director to ensure all CE garment and fabric testing is completed. Good experience working with fabric and/or garment testing is important for this.
- Chasing and gathering all information necessary for all labelling and creating final care labels and other necessary labelling.
- Keeping an organized archive of all development samples.
- Take an active role in the quality control process ensuring all delivered goods meet the approved standard. Communicating with the production team in our H.O is essential for this.
- Helping with in house initial toiling – this may include cutting and sewing or working with the production team on toiling, so these practical skills are preferable.
- As you will be working in a small company you must be flexible and able to turn your hand to almost any task.
- Willingness to travel to our Head Office and on other business trips as and when required.
The Candidate should have/be:
- A minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in similar roles.
- Excellent technical knowledge, a good understanding of garment manufacture and of all duties listed above.
- Must take a proactive role in mastering any new skills required to complete the job.
- The candidate must be organised, accurate, self-motivated, have good attention to detail, a flexible attitude and a strong work ethic. They must also work in a methodical, clear and precise way so that anyone else coming to their work can easily continue the task.
- The candidate must have excellent literacy and communication skills in order to correspond clearly with suppliers and the rest of the team.
- You will be working in a small team so being a self-starter, being comfortable taking the lead and taking initiative is crucial.
- Essential Adobe Illustrator and InDesign skills along with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- A love of technical product is a must and specifically motorbikes/bikes/sportwear would be desirable.
Join the Knox team!
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, send us over your covering letter and CV! We look forward to your application.
If you have any questions about this role, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us.